Monday, December 7, 2015

krabi day 1: ck

Alright so here it gooes...Krab(b)i





I woke up at 5:45am to the sound of Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball coupled with an obnoxiously loud noise saying "I'M SO HUNGRY THE PLANE FOOD SUCKS!" Yes, my sister has just returned from Korea for her Os grad trip and for some reason, figured that she had to announced it to the entire block. Everything that happened afterwards was just a blur and I was kinda in full panic mode haha. My luggage was not packed, my UCAS application was not complete, my prom outfit wasn't ready, and Wrecking Ball was still playing.(sidenote this was 1.5h later) Yea, on one hand I was finishing my personal statement on the other hand I was emptying my wardrobe trying to finish packing..literally. Nevertheless, the fact that I'm gonna run away from all this hogwash for the next 5 days really prevented me from throwing my laptop out of the window haha
 After working some magic, I was surprised I was one of the first few to meet up @ the airport with Angelia, loco, nicole, jiaze and joshua with jina in tow. So after milling around and yihang came in his iconic crocs and featherweight luggage, we headed to the airport staff canteen for some good ole hawker food (lol pw)
first shot with the gopro 


Then we went back to wait for the burden westies and the shopaholic giresh (which arrived fashionably late) while some of the girls were trying to throw hats onto each other's heads. Then, it was time to go!!

photo creds: shopaholic giresh's mom

Well, in true 7C fashion, we were late. You would think we would be rushing to the gate like our
fake run after every break from the lift to LAL's class but no. The parents are gone, the plane can wait, but alcohol...can't :0 . Naturally, Sharmaine went str8 for the booze that tasted like cough syrup I swear doctors give us that just for us to be drowsy and go to sleep when we were kids.

on the prowl
So after the booze, it was time for the plane ride with my buddies joshua and xinying and ofc mady, jiaze and yihang on the other side. Apart from complaining about the $5 canned drinks, failing to read chinese and watching a very very grim-faced flight attendant do the safety briefing, there wasn't much to do cept sleep. But the latter half was more interesting when joshua started getting really excited to see the all the landforms haha, imo it was quite fascinating to see the things we learn appear irl (which is weird right shouldnt they show more irl pics in sch?). haha his enthusiasm was really infectious and we just snapping photos left and right of everything that we could see..which to a non-geog student would just seem weird cuz its just clouds clouds clouds fields rivers forest tree and random rocks


all smiles

All down
And so after arriving and passing through the supeerr long immigration queue and splitting up into groups, we met our driver which drove us to a tesco supermart to get some food haha. Our first bus ride was quite memorable actually, with us singing incoherently and yihang screaming every time the van turns as he falls out of his seat.
guess he wasn't expecting the rest of us

airport carpark getting ready to rumble

ahh ahh why does this remind me of Cambodia!!
So after the trip to the supermarket which we severely overspent (which is weird given its only bread,jam and eggs on our part) and another singalong in the bus, we finally arrived at the villa. My first thought was "Eh where is the sea arh? I thought just outside beach?" haha nevertheless, the villa really surpassed all expectations. I was expecting it to be underwhelming given the lack of photos of the villa but it was actually very well furnished and was relatively well stocked with essentials that we bought. The owner, Ms Oy, took us on a house tour which impressed us even further, especially with the size of the rooms and the cleanliness of it all. After Clement and loco settled the itinerary with Ms Oy while the rest tried to decipher the receipt from the supermarket to settle all debts, we had to gamble on room allocations which was downright hilarious as yihang and giresh ended up rooming together #gihang haha seriously no escape sia (but this didn't follow as most of the guys end up sleeping downstairs anyways).
leggo!!

feat. loco really to rekt this shit

It was then time to blow up Catherine (pronounced Ca-the-rine)...our dodgy pink flamingo float that required all the guys to flex their windpipes to get her going. haha that was seriously one odd experience.
This place about to blow, oh-oh-oh

first on Catherine
After almost everyone had a go with Catherine...,the bus came and took us to our first dinner destination - Krua Thara. (which has a 4.5/5 in trip advisor :0) My table, consisting of Nicole, clement and giresh then somehow decided to order 10 dishes haha.(2 rice, 1noodle, 1 fish, 1 crab, 1 veg, 1 egg, tomyam, 1 salad and 1 squid)  I think we were the only table that didnt take photos of the most of the dishes but went straight for it lol and it was quite funny to see the waitress try to place food on our table when it was obviously full and giresh being weirded out by the squid's tentacles. haha but the food is really cheap and good so 10/10 would go agn if i ever visit krabi again. (wah but their green curry sibei creamy sia like one spoon is enough lol)
fancyy~~

only pic i managed to find haha but I think its in a video in the gopro
So after coming back and settling down and some pushing in the pool, we had our first movie night haha which was to watch 那些年. Personally, this has really brought back memories, as I first watch the show with my sec4 class when we graduated and now I'm watching it again with my jc2 class after graduation. This movie has got to be one of my favourite Chinese movie though, albeit being a little crude at times. The difference is how I was able to relate to the show in a certain way now, about how I will miss being a student that can still make silly mistakes, and how much life will change since I am done with my formal education and all my friends will now go on to lead vastly different lives. haha but I guess that is for another blog post on my personal blog or tumblr (try to search for it haha its really easy). So after joking around about the 4 legged beasts and some tears about the ending at around 2:23am, everyone slowly tuned in, fired up for the next day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment